Sunday, November 26, 2006

I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass

is the new Yo La Tengo album. Loud. That's how it needs to be listened to... and how I'm listening to it currently.

Worth your listen as well. Reviews of albums are useless (at least for the most part). Music hits everyone differently. I mean, we can all agree on a truly terrible record, but for the most part, someone else might hate this - someone else might think it genius. I think its good. Damn good. I enjoy it. I like it loud. I like to sit and stare out my window. I like to let my mind wander down a path from which it will soon return. I like my currently dripping wet beard and the smell of myself from a fresh shower that somehow seems to mimic the repetitive lyrical quality of these new tunes. i like anticipating advent which is in itself anticpation. i like coffee black. I like to curl my toes into what others have called feet fists. i like thinking of you reading these words and wondering if i've ever done drugs or at least high on cough syrup. i like my wife's surprised face as she comes in to turn the music down. i like that writing this is tickling the part of my brain directly next to the small part that enjoys solving an algebra problem. i like... this as the 199th post as the mcblogington. wasted time? i think not. ok.

(1st song of 15 now over).

4 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh. people who blog all about them selves...

sniff. sniff.

i smell narcisism

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger sean and mel said...

i like your loud music too when i'm upstairs and it's not so loud :-)


Yo La Tengo.
Yo Le Tengo.
Te Quiero.

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got too much time on your hands :)
Dad

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, seeing as you have two kids out of the house, a three day weekend (most of the time) and sports center reruns you've already seen... sounds like you've got plenty of time on your hands. maybe you should get a blog...

i'd read it. i mean if i could find the time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home