Thursday, November 02, 2006

i don't think i turn corners, i just go round the turntable

well, i have been jobless for a while now. tomorrow i train for my new job at thunderbird coffee that opens on monday morning. i'll be there (notso) bright and early at 5:45am. should be cool, but as with any period of unemployment, freedom is nice and going back to work is a bit difficult. but i'm sure it will be good for me (and me wife).

thanks to this wonderful man, a website should be finished here soon: clamness creations. (yes clamness, not calmness) hopefully clamness will be a place to simply create. whether that creation be narrative or documentary or writing, who knows; but i'm feeling the energy again (after being 'burnt' out and ready to learn more about myself and my world after college). clamness sprang out of a quote from dorothy sayers... she says that some people have sneeringly said that if a clam were to invision a god, that that god would look like a clam because that's all that clams are capable of. similarly the same is true with humans - we envision god as a man. taken from the opposite direction, if god wants to reveal himself to clams the only way he can do it fully is by becoming perfect in 'clamhood' or - clamness. the idea is that the creation reflects the creator. thus, anything i create should reflect well on me and on my creator. the imagery inspired me, but i'm not sure if i've explained it too well :)

as a bonus - i create because in god's image, i was created to create as god does. i am not god, but participate with him in the creation of his kingdom daily in word and deed, thought and action - opening up the kingdom within me, uniting and sharing with my world. create. obey. creation as sacrament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home