Tuesday, August 02, 2005

the bridge illustration lie across the san andreas fault during an 8.5

She brought me good news in brown paper bag
She crossed a bridge, said hello with a smile
I gazed up, slightly weary
I’ve forgotten how to say thank you.

Simply a bag, a necessary grab of this and that
The mundane, the ordinary.
Not what but how this package came to be
And mean so much to me in that alley

She didn’t stop to chit-chat
For I was not ready to engage such discourse
It was all I could do to tip my tattered cap
While the beautiful feet crossed my path

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, It's Jimmy. enjoyed the poem. very powerful with the simple imagery and expansive title. Wasn't sure of the significence of the title, but good show regardless. Reminds me of the simplicity and sraightfowardness of a de Mauspaunt short story (especially The Jewels of M. Latin, etc.). s well, I'll hopefully be in Austin in a few weeks for a one of Paul's friend's CD release parties. Maybe i'll see you and the Abbey. Peace, brotha. Check out my xanga Poetry Corner thing too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home