Friday, August 27, 2004

a new space

The blue room. The Being John Malcovich room. The opium den. The hippie hangout. The closet.

Since moving into my new place, the hardest thing to do has been attempting to figure out what to do with this oversized closet off my bedroom. Should it be for a desk or drums or storage or any number of other possibilities. Tonight I think I began to understand part of its purpose.

It’s truly a meditation room. A little getaway from the world. Away from everything no nature, no tv, no people (yet), no phone, no clock. Just me, my thoughts, a Bible and some pillows and good light to read/think by. A small retreat – tonight it was me, a brew, and a journal. Nothing fancy. Just a space. A space to think and relax. To be with me. To allow God to reconcile my life. Help me make sense of it. It’s a good room. I like what it was tonight. I’m sure it will be several things, but for now – for me – it’s a getaway. It’s what I need.

Raise one to the “blue den of being a hippie closet of meditation.” Feel free to come and enjoy “the room” as well – it ain’t no secret.

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger sean and mel said...

raise one to retelling of stories, to playing 80's technology video games, to being brothers. i love you bro, and look forward to many more nights of tetris over good conversation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home