Thursday, March 08, 2007

"I can gather all the news I need on the weather report"

When I went out early to retrieve the coffee shop’s lot of daily papers, the Tuesday Times did not have stories about the President’s assassination or the covert operations in the White House, nor was there any coverage of the nukes that had gone off on the east coast.

I think I officially got lost somewhere in 24-ville this week. It isn’t that the show is especially better this year than other seasons or that I’m even as into it as I have been previously. Rather I think that the events described and government’s way of handling them are very close to those of our current situation. Both the very real possibility of attack at any moment and our government’s ability to mask truth and frame whomever it sees fit (mostly those regions who would benefit us economically) make this season the most “real” 24 ever. In a sad masochistic cycle for a man who wants to “die for something,” Jack is shaping up to be an intriguing character, who loves to make up for his sins and those of his family by inflicting massive amounts of emotional and physical pain upon himself and others.

In other “news” –

A dog has come into our life just long enough for us to realize we don’t need/want one right now. Adios, Rico - You'll be greatly missed.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get all the news I need from ESPN; no terrorists, no politicians, no gray areas: just who won and who lost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home