Thursday, September 07, 2006

waking

woke up this morn feeling refreshed. it just so happened to be 5:30am. so i got up and tried to put thoughts on paper.

it seems that to truly create something good (ie - others might care to see it), i gotta find my voice. i'm faily sure i could make the same movie in about 4 different ways. this is difficult. how's does one whittle these ideas and characters into a story that someone else might actually care about?

wes anderson, pt anderson, martin scorsese, christopher guest, steven spielberg, brian depalma, matt mccormick... and so many others who all find a voice that connects with some people (not all people).

so - i'm taking voice lessons. this could be harsh... i don't want to go to work... ever again.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to heed the pre-dawn call, mcbrutha. I'm still looking for my voice, but every time I get up and write I feel like I'm getting a little bit closer. Keep it up.

-cmar

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how your voice mail used to be la,la,la,la,la, leave a mesaaaaaaage!I think that is when I found your voice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home