Friday, October 28, 2005

"F"

Foolishness: “Surely now all traditional forms of kingship, of political rule, stand exposed and condemned before the kingship that is exercised in the cross.”

Some would say I’m feeding myself propaganda. Some would say idealism is ridiculous, that we should settle for what we can get based on systemic problems. Some would say go to church and vote republican. Some would say give up. Some would say take your place in the line, because you’re going to die like everyone else. Some would say Jesus was just another one of those guys who tried to change things, but it didn’t matter – he was killed by the man.

Father: “I believe in my heart…”

That some things are worth fighting for… that most of them seem ridiculous, at first… that I refuse to give up what I believe in… that truth is the bread of life…that the marginalized have a lot to say, especially about the skewed view from the center… that there’s more to me and you and our world than simply getting by… that me and you and that world need love…

Fight: “I want you to hit me as hard as you can.”
“What? In the face?”
“Surprise me.”

Evangelicals. Iraq. Suburbia. Skinny pot-bellies. Romero. Heroin. Red power ties. Relativity. Hegemony. Perspective. Fair trade. People trade. HIV. McWorld. Science. Consumerism. Superhighway. Poetry. Enlightenment. Colonialism. Imperial stout. Taxation. Homosexuality. News. Gas. Farmers. Hellenization. Gothic arches. Volkswagen. Ronald Reagan. Iron Curtain. Celts. Subways. Hell. Pink clouds.

Franklin: “Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.”

An individual who cares to change himself and his small sphere, living in a community that cares to perfect one another and their city, participating with others seeking to better themselves and their worlds: criticizing, releasing, proclaiming, energizing…

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Nice stream of consciousness there. Keep thinking, writing, posting, most of all living this stuff. Keep fighting.

Thanks for the inspiration today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home