Friday, February 11, 2005

and a smile

I wonder what I’m doing wrong
What I can do better
To show him that I’m stronger
Than this fetter
Of unemployed inadequacy
But then the emails reply
And phones ring me
To say, “you don’t qualify”
Which is great to hear
When you don’t care
But I do so much fear
My tortoise job-snare
Will leave savings depleted
And spirit defeated
Are the prayers wrong
Should I hum a new song
If so, give me which one
Cause I’ve lost the tune
Forgotten the right melody
Thanks to what seems like a tragedy

Lord, this be me plea
For provision from you
A possible job interview
Or some simple response
From a person or company
In need of a hire
That will bright new fire
Of youthful energy
and a smile

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger gdwill said...

May the provision of Christ be yours, friend - quicker than later by His grace.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger sean and mel said...

i love ya bro and i miss you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home