Wednesday, December 29, 2004

colors

sometimes we can only sing the songs of others:

i waited patiently for the Lord
he inclined and heard my cry...
i will sing, sing a new song
how long to sing this song...


sometimes we sing words from deep within our own hearts:

Beaten down and broken hearted
I have nothing to offer
nothing to offer
nothing to offer You

Barren and suffering
This world means nothing
nothing to me
nothing to me

With a simple mind
And a heart longing to be held
I need your blessing
love your blessing
Your blessed loving
loved blessing

Your starving creation cries out:

Paint in me the colors of your majesty
holy yellows
sacred reds
freedom greens
and humble blue
this soul cries out to You
longs to be created anew

Paint in me the wonder of your majesty

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

finding it hard to breathe
or think
or pray
or read
but somehow, in the middle of it all,
there is laughter
and shades of yellow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home