Tuesday, October 12, 2004

a love supreme

A Love Supreme, John Coltrane’s expression of the truest love he can know. A former addict of heroin, John felt God’s grace so strongly that he had to tell others. His venue happened to be a brass saxophone. His language notes. His thoughts and feelings expressed where words fail. But he tried… The love supreme had such supremacy that he had to express it in some way to everyone he could.

I’m just a man. Not the best at anything. Just living here on Earth. But – God showed me a love supreme. How am I expressing God’s story of love to those around me? I’ll probably never create a masterpiece like Coltrane. In many ways, all I can do is fall short. I can not convey personal experience or memory. I can not attempt to persuade or argue or logic you into belief. I can not make you get there. I can not save you.

All I can do is express. Express love just as I was shown love. My only expression is my story – that I am nothing apart from the Love Supreme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home