Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Resolved.

after reading some of Jonathan Edward's lifetime resolves (he had 57 that he vowed to read once a week) and with my impending jaunt into a new stage of life, i came up with a couple of my own. i'm sure more will come...

Resolved, to make known the riches of his glory to the vessels of his mercy by paving the way to Christ with my very life. In thought and deed, may every action point others to the loving God who saves his creation.

Resolved, to think often of the pettiness of my life and sufferings in comparison to the greatness the passion of Jesus.

Resolved, to rejoice in my breath while reminding myself of the simple circumstances that could lead to my death.

Resolved, to be satisfied daily by the Holy Spirit’s illumination of the Scriptures as their words are the daily bread of my soul.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger gdwill said...

Resolved, to help my friend Sean live according to his resolutions in as much as it pleases the Almighty.

(Hey Sean, I think your new blog look matches the wallpaper you loaded up for me on my powerbook!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home